1 The Muppet Mindset: Interview with Muppeteer Kevin Clash

Jan 25, 2011

Interview with Muppeteer Kevin Clash


Ryan Dosier - Hello, Muppet fans! I am so, so excited today because I get to share with all of you a brand new interview with yet another legend: Kevin Clash. Kevin, as you probably know, is the performer of Elmo on Sesame Street. Kevin has been a great part of Sesame Street for nearly 30 years now, performing other great characters like Hoots the Owl, Baby Natasha, Wolfgang the Seal, and Kingston Livingston III. He also performed Clifford with The Muppets. Recently, Kevin has directed numerous episodes and specials for Sesame Street and is the subject of the recent film Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey which premiered this past Sunday at the Sundance Film Festival.

I was so beyond humbled to have the opportunity to sit down and talk to Kevin for a little bit on Skype about his characters, his directing, and more. We also get joined by a special guest that I'm sure you'll adore--because, quite frankly, it's fairly impossible not to. I'm also very pleased to announce that this will be our second all-audio interview! You'll hear me, Kevin, our special guest, and my geek out moments--what more could anyone need?



My huge thanks to Kevin and Elmo and all of the people listed there at the end credits! This really is a childhood dream come true and I'm so, so happy that I get to share it with you all!







The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!!! That was awesome Ryan! Simply awesome! No words. I feel like I just met Elmo! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard Clifford explained so well! He had big flippers to fill, but he's a beautiful puppet even without the sunglasses. He's a big part of Muppet history and I hope he pops up again later on (sans the many Muppets Tonight era espressos).

    Great interview, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Imagination" isn't actually a Kermit song, but an Ernie song. In fact I believe Kermit never even sang it, but I can definitely see how Kevin could get the voices mixed up. :)

    Thanks for the fun interview!

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner