1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey: Jennifer Himes

Nov 11, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey: Jennifer Himes

Answers from Jennifer Himes

1.   Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Gonzo has been my number one favorite for a while. He's a plumber artiste extraordinaire and does extreme stunts! What's not to like? And I'm partial to Dave Goelz's puppeteering and humor. When I was little I was jealous of Baby Piggy because she could be friends with Baby Kermit and I could not. Kermit has always been the next favorite for all the reasons anyone else loves him. I guess the third fave would be Robin the Frog. His "Just One Person" number with Bernadette Peterswas pretty special to me.

2.   Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Big Bird. I don't really remember why. He was like a friend. Ernie always likes to have fun and he is usually a glass-half-full person. I liked that even as a kid. The little worms that did tricks around Oscar's trash can. They were fun to watch.

3.   Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Boober is most likely the first favorite. He is so opposite from everyone else and again, I find myself partial to Dave Goelz's characters. Wembley because I often have a hard time making up my own mind. Lanford. Not sure if I spelled that right, but I love characters that don't actually talk. The episode with him and Red in the beanbarrow race is one of my favorites.

4.   What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
The Muppet Show. Classic TV!! No contest.

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
Not for certain, but I really like Muppet Treasure Island.

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
"Just One Person" It's just a sweet song.

7.   If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
It's a toss up between Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz, but I feel like it would be more fun with both of them.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
There are many things I wish I could tell him, but I don't think this is the time or place to write all of it. I would thank him for the fun and for his hard work.

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
Senior Wences episode, Beauregard is showing Kermit his amateur puppet show. Bo: "Okay I'm going to go down now! (He lowers the puppet on his hand) Oops! Wrong one!" It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

10.   What's the name of that song?
I have no idea.

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
I would have him be my personal athletic trainer.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
I didn't really like The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, but I've only seen it once.

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
I'm not really informed on current celebrities. I'm pretty old school with my entertainment choices. If it were possible, it would have been cool to see Muppets with some of the cast of The Dick Van Dyke Show.

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
Giving Kermie a kiss on the cheek was my first thought. Then my puppeteer side kicked in and thought about how awkward that must be for Steve. Maybe he's used to that kind of thing by now.

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
My friend got me a Kermit hat last winter. Besides DVDs I actually don't have much. Kind of sad.






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner